The Traffic Light Radio Station Software
Hardy Data Systems
New: Traffic Light -
LPTV Version — this is the original Traffic
Light modified for LPTV stations. See http://hds.net/trafficlightlptv.htm for more
Traffic Light Junior
a smaller, more economical version designed for small stations. See http://hds.net/trafficlightjr.htm for more
New: Traffic Light PDF Creator
This is a stand-alone optional program for the Traffic
Light to use the data in the Traffic Light and
generate invoices and statements in the PDF format and then email them to your customers.
See http://hds.net/PDF_Creator.htm for more
details. This will save you time and money.
The Traffic Light a complete traffic, billing, and
accounts receivable package is available for the IBM compatible computer system the
DOS version has been in use since 1988. Rewritten in early 2009 as a Windows program, it
is designed for the small market radio station and the software offers the following
- Handles 4000 customers, 4000 start orders and 100 salesmen.
- Also available in a Lite Version designed for low power FM and
non-profit stations. See below for details.
- Prepares daily logs in minutes. Can create a spot file for automation systems.
- Handles both Broadcast and Calendar billing.
- The Full Log Editor provides for drag and drop spot movements, adding or editing spots.
- A complete customer accounts receivable is displayed when posting payments to his
- An aging analysis is shown on each statement. A detailed (or short version) aging
analysis display/printout is available.
- Also A/R analysis for any given salesman.
- Handles customer pre-payments, discounts (agency commissions), paid-on-account and
- Provides for product separation for 200 different product codes when generating daily
- Start orders provide for 20 day parts with skipping weeks and delayed starting options.
- Spot Rotation for up to nine different spots.
- Start Order basic information is entered once in the customers file and is
automatically entered into the start order, but can be modified in the Start Order module
- Start order confirmation print-out and projected value of order.
- A sales projection can be made anytime for Broadcast or Calendar customers or a combo.
Also projection for one salesman of your choice.
- A history file for all paid on account amounts. Can display/print for each salesman or a
given period or customer.
- Demand billing can be made at any time. Affidavits gives dates, times and rates.
- Options for various billing formats. Can customize both invoice and statement
- Option to automatically add a specified service charge to selected or all customers.
- 'Spot Ran When' routine displays times a requested Start Order spot has already ran
during month or range of days.
- Five year accounting code history for 9 different accounting codes.
- Automatic start order rotation on logs no two consecutive days are the same. Four
different rotation plans based on day of month.
- Easy format changes. Can copy one hour to another. The spot load can be different for
each hour. Design the format exactly the way you want it.
- Custom formats can be created for special broadcast events.
- Log discrepancy program to make sure all scheduled spots are on the log. Points out
- Many input traps to prevent entering wrong data. Most input routines also have a help
window which gives info about that about that input.
- Simplified back-up procedure run from the Backup menu. There is an Utility Menu for misc
- All major programs/modules available from one Master Menu. Right click on menu button
for a popup Help file for that module. Each module has its own help file.
- All programs that require a date input use a popup calendar. Supports both U.S. and U.K.
- Provides option to add a local sales tax (VAT) and also 2nd option to add a local tax
such as that used in Canada which has both a Federal tax and a Provincial tax.
- Help screen available in all programs/modules. All individual Help files are combined
into a full Help Manual in PDF format, viewable from within the Traffic Light.
- Easy step-by-step installation and set-up procedure. A step-by-step printout is
available for the end of month routines.
- 20 city shortcuts saves retyping cities in customer records. One click with the mouse
chooses the city, state and zip code.
- The Traffic Light will support 3 stations. No extra charge for
2nd or 3rd station at same location. NO YEARLY MAINTENANCE FEES. A demo
is built into the program and can be run at anytime. No charge for downloadable updates.
- Digital Commercial Interfaces included for many of the current automation systems.
Others can be written with supplied file format. Two generic outputs for use with most
automation systems that allow customer configuration. An Interface routine was just
written for the Rivendell Linux Automation System (in Version 1.6a).
Other automaton system interface routines are written and added upon request
from new users.
- Statements and Invoices can be manually printed to a PDF file for emailing to a
- Sample printouts can be seen at http://hds.net/TrafficLightPrintouts.htm
Hardware Requirements and Pricing
All Windows operating systems are supported. The price of the Traffic Light
logging and billing system is $595.00 plus Ga. sales tax, if applicable. Each program is
customized with stations business name, address and call sign. Station checks or
credit cards (via PayPal) accepted. Upgrade from the DOS version for $295.
The Traffic Light Lite Version
Not all stations need the capacity of the full Traffic Light, so
a Lite Version was created for the Low Power FM stations, Internet, and non-profit
stations. The price of the Lite Version is $295.00, plus Ga. sales tax, if
applicable. Should the need arise to upgrade to the full version, then credit will be
given for the Lite Version purchase price. Many emails were swapped with the author
of the StationPlaylist Automation System to insure compatibility
with that system. The Lite Version has a limit of 100 customers and 200 start orders. For
information on the StationPlaylist Music and Automation
software, see http://StationPlaylist.com. The
same 30 day free trial below also applies to the Lite Version.
Free Demo Program
A limited use (10 customers) version of the program is available that includes sample data
of five customers. This will let you generate short logs and display/print out many of the
reports. Additional customers and start orders can be entered. This is the full program
with access only to the Demo files. The only difference between the full program and the
demo program is that the demo needs no UserID file and has the limited capacity mentioned
above. See link below to download. It is suggested that the Demo be downloaded and
explored before requesting a free 30 day UserID file. Read all the help files to get
familiarized with the software. Then once the UserID file is received, you will be ready
to dig in and get started.
for 30 Days
Want to try it before you buy? No problem. A full working copy designed to work only
days will be provided with UserID file. Use the Traffic Light
system on your computer, and if during the trial period, you decide to purchase the system
then mail (or credit card via PayPal) the purchase price for your full-use UserID file. If
you will try it, we know you will agree that the HDS system can't be beat for value. The
HDS Traffic Light is always on green - ready to go.
Download the Traffic Light or updates on the Download Web Page and email Hardy Data
Systems for the free-trial UserID file. This is a self-extracting EXE file that can be
downloaded into a temp folder and run or you can run from the web page by using the
Microsoft Internet Explorer and choosing the 'Run' option instead of the 'Save' option.
Once installed, click on the 'Help' label at the top of the screen for further
instructions. NOTE: Free Updates will available on the
Download Web Page with What's New info.
For our customers in India - please contact our representative and
Mr. Rohit Jagdale, CEO, Techno Creations
403/404 'C' Wing, Mandlik Park
13th Lane, Rajarampuri, Kolhapur - 416008 (M.S.) India
Tel +91-9881173366, email@example.com
Email your comments or questions to Jim Hardy or call ...
Hardy Data Systems -- 7218 Northgate Drive East -- Tifton, GA
31794 -- (229)