The Traffic Light - TV Radio Station Software
Hardy Data Systems
New: Traffic Light -
TV Version the original Traffic Light modified for
use with TV stations.
The Traffic Light - TV a complete traffic, billing, and
accounts receivable package is available for the IBM compatible computer system the
DOS version has been in use since 1988. Rewritten in early 2009 as a Windows program,
and modified for use with TV stations supporting up to 12 streams in
early 2015. it
is designed for the small market TV station and the software offers the following
- Handles 4000 customers, 4000 start orders and 100 salesmen.
- Provides for 12 Streams from one Start Order. Each Stream can have its own
spot placement format.
- Also available in two Lite Versions designed for small low power
non-profit stations. See below for details.
- Prepares daily logs in minutes. Can create a spot file for automation systems.
Can convert the Daily Log into mini-playlists for use with MasterPlay.
- Handles both Broadcast and Calendar billing.
- The Full Log Editor provides for drag and drop spot movements, adding or editing spots.
- A complete customer accounts receivable is displayed when posting payments to his
- An aging analysis is shown on each statement. A detailed (or short version) aging
analysis display/printout is available.
- Also A/R analysis for any given salesman.
- Handles customer pre-payments, discounts (agency commissions), paid-on-account and
- Provides for product separation for 200 different product codes when generating daily
- Start orders provide for 36 day parts with skipping weeks and delayed starting options.
There is a maximum 7 spots per day part.
- Spot Rotation for up to nine different spots.
- Start Order provides for up to nine Bonus Spots
- Start Order provides for 'Fill-In' Spots.
- Start Order provides for 'BookEnd' Spots.
- Start Order basic information is entered once in the customers file and is
automatically entered into the start order, but can be modified in the Start Order module
- Start order confirmation print-out and projected value of order.
- A sales projection can be made anytime for Broadcast or Calendar customers or a combo.
Also projection for one salesman of your choice. Also projection for each
- A history file for all paid on account amounts. Can display/print for each salesman or a
given period or customer.
- Demand billing can be made at any time. Affidavits gives dates, times and rates.
- Invoice contains spots ran for each Stream with one total price for each
- Options for various billing formats. Can customize both invoice and statement
- Option to automatically add a specified service charge to selected or all customers.
- 'Spot Ran When' routine displays times a requested Start Order spot has already ran
during month or range of days.
- Five year accounting code history for 9 different accounting codes.
- Automatic start order rotation on logs no two consecutive days are the same. Four
different rotation plans based on day of month.
- Easy format changes. Can copy one hour to another. The spot load can be different for
each hour. Design the format exactly the way you want it.
- Custom formats can be created for special broadcast events.
- Log discrepancy program to make sure all scheduled spots are on the log. Points out
- Many input traps to prevent entering wrong data. Most input routines also have a help
window which gives info about that about that input.
- Simplified back-up procedure run from the Backup menu. There is an Utility Menu for misc
- All major programs/modules available from one Master Menu. Right click on menu button
for a popup Help file for that module. Each module has its own help file.
- All programs that require a date input use a popup calendar. Supports both U.S. and U.K.
- Provides option to add a local sales tax (VAT) and also 2nd option to add a local tax
such as that used in Canada which has both a Federal tax and a Provincial tax.
- Help screen available in all programs/modules. All individual Help files are combined
into a full Help Manual in PDF format, viewable from within the Traffic Light.
- Easy step-by-step installation and set-up procedure. A step-by-step printout is
available for the end of month routines.
- 20 city shortcuts saves retyping cities in customer records. One click with the mouse
chooses the city, state and zip code.
- The Traffic Light - TV has support for a
'Practice' station, which can be used in the learning process. NO YEARLY MAINTENANCE FEES. A demo
is built into the program and can be run at anytime. No charge for downloadable updates.
- Digital Commercial Interfaces included for many of the current automation systems.
Others can be written with supplied file format. Two generic outputs for use with most
automation systems that allow customer configuration. An Interface routine was just
written for the Rivendell Linux Automation System (in Version 1.6a).
- Statements and Invoices can be manually printed to a PDF file for emailing to a
- Sample printouts/screen captures can be seen at http://hds.net/TV/demofiles_TV.htm
Hardware Requirements and Pricing
All Windows operating systems are supported. The price of the Traffic Light
logging and billing system is $595.00 plus Ga. sales tax, if applicable. Each program is
customized with stations business name, address and call sign. Station checks or
credit cards (via PayPal) accepted.
The Traffic Light - TV Lite Versions
Not all stations need the capacity of the full Traffic Light - TV, so
a Lite Version was created for the Low Power TV and non-profit
stations. The price of the Lite-100 Version is $295.00, plus Ga. sales tax, if
applicable. The price of the Lite-250 Version is $395.00, plus Ga. sales tax, if
applicable. Should the need arise to upgrade to the full version, then credit will be
given for either Lite Version purchase price. Many emails were swapped with
an user of the MasterPlay Automation System to insure compatibility
with that system. The Lite-100 Version has a limit of 100 customers and 200 start
orders and the Lite-250 has a limit of 250 customers and 500 start orders
PDF Creator Emailer - TV — Optional Stand-alone
Info on the http://hds.net/PDF_Creator_TV.htm
web page. This add-on program will make PDF invoices and statements and email to
your customers. A great time and money saver.
Free Demo Program
A limited use (10 customers) version of the program is available that includes sample data
of three customers. This will let you generate short logs and display/print out many of the
reports. Additional customers and start orders can be entered. This is the full program
with access only to the Demo files. The only difference between the full program and the
demo program is that the demo needs no UserID file and has the limited capacity mentioned
above. See link below to download. It is suggested that the Demo be downloaded and
explored to evaluate the software. Read all the help files to get
familiarized with the software. Then once the UserID file is received, you will be ready
to dig in and get started.
Download the Traffic Light - TV or updates on the Download Web Page
. This is a self-extracting EXE file that can be
downloaded into a temp folder and run or you can run from the web page by using the
Microsoft Internet Explorer and choosing the 'Run' option instead of the 'Save' option.
Once installed, click on the 'Help' label at the top of the screen for further
instructions. NOTE: Updates will also be available on the
Download Web Page with What's New info.
Email your comments or questions to Jim Hardy or call ...
Hardy Data Systems -- 7218 Northgate Drive East -- Tifton, GA
31794 -- (229)